Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Clouds at dawn and dusk

I must say I have this craze for photographing clouds. I love them especially at dawn and dusk. It's a peaceful, magnificent feeling to witness the break of dawn, when the first lights of the day streams across the eastern horizon. It is first just a pale streak that slowly intensifies in hue and turns crimson and gold in the middle and purple and pink at the other two ends. The gray clouds that encompasses the dark night was chased away by the coming of day. And this is the moment, a photographer's dream, to capture the lights in the skies falling on the soft gentle clouds and creating a magnificent canvas splashed with colours. These two pictures are shot early at 6.30 am in Kuching. I don't usually wake up this early but that particular morning... I peeled myself off bed and armed myself with my father's prized Nikon and started clicking away...
































Dusk... and dusk yes, it has it's own glory... The coming of night some call it. That short moment when all the colours and light of the world were drained out from the big canvas. Gray clouds will slowly roll in, blanketing the sky. And faraway in the western horizon, as at dawn, you'll see streaks of mesmerising colours. Pinks, purples, vermillion. Slowly, little stars will appear, like specks of crystals scattered all over. Cool wind blowing, a cool, serene feeling envelopes me...










No comments: